Italy is a top travel destination for many travelers. There are a lot of travel myths about Italy that tourists are still falling for. You need to make sure that you stay away from these cautionary situations. Here are 5 mistakes tourists make when visiting Italy.
1. Only looking at traveling during the summer peak season. Italy is an all-season destination. You can visit for the holidays and experience Christmas markets, and Christmas mass at the Vatican. During Easter, you can take part in historical traditions like Scoppio del Carro in Florence. The best part is being able to take advantage of lower prices and less crowds.
2. Assuming all pizza is the same. This dish actually varies by region. For example, Roman-style pizza is very different from Neapolitan-style pizza.
3. Booking their trip with the wrong vendors. When booking a trip to Italy, you should be using Italian travel experts. Gray Line I Love Rome is an excellent company that is based in Italy and has been specializing in one-of-a-kind Italian experiences.
4. Only visiting one region of Italy. Italy has very distinct regions from the beautiful Amalfi Coast, to the Tuscan Countryside, and the beautiful heel of the boot in Puglia. Each region has its own traditions, cuisine, and sights. You can’t visit just one and say you’ve done Italy!
5. Eating next to attractions. Most of the eateries located near famous attractions are expensive and lack authenticity. Ask your hotel staff and locals where their favorite places to eat are. You’ll find that these restaurants are authentic and a fraction of the price.
This list could go on and on. When I went to Italy my in laws brought American dollars to Europe because their hairdresser told them that the Italian accept it as a form of payment. This is why it is so important to work with trusted Italian travel partners like Gray I Love Rome. They are experts at what they do and will give you an authentic Italian getaway. That way you can avoid these 5 mistakes that tourists make when visiting Italy.
About the author
Halee is a travel blogger based in New York. Her background working in the hospitality industry for over fourteen years brings a behind-the-scenes, authentic look to travel blogging. Traveling the world these days is ever-changing and it is important to stay on top of trends and rules. Halee provides tips on traveling solo, as a couple, and as a family. Her passion for travel is shown in her writing as she strives to inspire others to try new experiences.