In June we started welcoming tourists and guests on our pink Hop-on Hop-off buses. We have overcome recent events, Italy is among the safest places on earth thanks to strict enforcement of health and safety procedures. In line with guidance from the Italian government and health authorities, we have improved our guided tours and experiences to welcome you safely. The health and safety of our guests and team members is our top priority, for this reason, we have adopted the Safe Travels stamp – the world’s first-ever global safety and hygiene stamp for Travel & Tourism – designed specifically to address COVID-19 and similar outbreaks.
As part of the Gray Line Worldwide‘s family, our commitment to responsible tourism and traveler safety has been an integral part of our DNA. Gray Line I Love Rome has been recognized with the Gray Line’s Health & Safety Stamp.
As such, we not only understand, but welcome the heightened expectations of our guests when it comes to cleaning, disinfection, and other health and safety best practices.
We’ll continue to deliver the great service, best-in-class tours and fantastic guides that Gray Line is known for, but with the added confidence of global standards for enhanced hygiene to keep everyone safe while traveling.
Here some health and wellness guidelines we implemented:
1. Health & Wellness
We wear a mask.
The health and safety of our guests and Team Members are our top priority. We will be requiring both team members and guests ages six and older to wear a face-covering – and enforcing this policy.
You wear your mask during the tour.
We will be requiring guests ages six and older to wear a face-covering and enforcing this policy. In case you don’t have one, we can provide it for free.
In line with guidance from the Italian government and health authorities, physical distancing will be implemented throughout the attractions and museums, shops, hotels, restaurants, and other facilities, and signage will be displayed as a reminder.
We’re reducing capacity by letting fewer people enter our pink Hop-on Hop-off buses to allow for physical distancing. We are offering guided tours with smaller groups to guarantee the needed distance and guarantee maximum flexibility.
Buy your ticket in advance
Attendance at the main museums and attractions will be limited during the initial reopening, we have reserved availability to offer you the best and safer experience.
You can now buy your ticket online and reserve your spot on a guided tour ahead of time. To provide guests with maximum flexibility, new booking conditions are now available to include cancellations and modifications up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
2. Cleaning & Disinfecting
We’ve updated our standards for cleanliness, with a special emphasis on tools, transportation, and other common spaces.
We disinfect the bus before each ride.
We have hand sanitizer on board, get on the bus if you need it.
3. Technology Solutions
We are tapping into innovation to create a touch-free experience to protect the health and safety of our guests and team members.
We’re offering technology solutions that can make it easier for our guests to minimize contact and maintain physical distancing. We offer a free app to explore the city, have real-time bus tracking, landmark info, and audio-guided walking tours
4. Training & Workplace Safety
Team members are receiving additional training on how to help everyone who visits to follow new health and safety measures.
As established by the national Ministry of Health, starting from August 6th 2021, either one of these documentation will be mandatory:
- A COVID-19 green certification – also known as Green Pass. The Green Pass is issued after the administration of the first dose of vaccine and is valid from the fifteenth day following until the date scheduled for the administration of the second dose (in case of a double-dose vaccine). The green certificate is in any case valid for nine months after completion of the vaccination cycle;
- Certification of recovery from the Sars-CoV-2 infection (six months validity);
- Negative result of Sars-CoV-2 in a rapid molecular or antigenic test (48 hours validity);
This documentation will be required to perform or access the following activities or areas:
- Catering services carried out by any establishment for indoor table eating or drinking;
- Performances open to the public, sporting events and competitions;
- Museums, other institutions and places of culture and exhibitions;
- Swimming pools, swimming centres, gymnasiums, team sports, wellness centres, also within resorts and hotels, limited to indoor activities;
- Festivals and fairs, conventions and congresses;
- Spas, theme and amusement parks;
- Cultural centres, social and recreational centres, limited to indoor activities and excluding children’s educational centres, summer camps and related catering activities.
- When entering the above-mentioned establishments or performing the above activities, you must show this documentation for the proper check.
· In the absence of a Green Pass and a valid ID document, any type of ticket purchased previously for admission to museums, exhibitions, cultural venues will not be refunded.
· These rules apply at national level, therefore we do not hold responsibility for any of the above. We strongly advise to consider this information as general and universally applied rule. For more information, please refer to the following website: https://www.dgc.gov.it/